Programs & Services
Throughout the academic year, we promote the values, vision and mission of the LGBTRC and provide opportunities for education, interaction, and celebration of UCI's diversity. Above is a listing of major programs or trainings, leadership opportunities, annual events, collabortive projects, and other services open to the campus community. As an overview our programs include:
1. Open Houses and Receptions that introduce the campus community to LGBTQA programs, services and opportunities for involvement, as well as build and strengthen connections with LGBTQA students, faculty, and staff.
2. Celebrations, speakers, and entertainment in recognition of National Coming Out Day and TransAction Week in Fall, Bisexuality Visibility Week in Winter, and Pride Week and the National Day of Silence in Spring.
3. Training sessions, workshop presentations, and film screening that raise awareness on campus of LGBTQ lives and issues.
4. The annual End of Year Celebration, a dinner and awards presentation that celebrates the accomplishments of the LGBTRC, its volunteers, and graduating students.
5. Various collaborative events with different on-campus departments and organizations, such as the Cross-Cultural Center, Campus Assault Resources and Education (CARE), Counseling Center, Health Education, Career Center, Queer/Women's Studies and others.
6. Other programs and events based on demand and interest.
The Resource Center is always adapting and looking for new programs or ways to serve the campus community, so please contact us for more information about specific programs, to suggest ways to improve our services, and/or with any new ideas!